Tuesday, October 28, 2008

JAY FERGUSON / TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Digitized from the original Vinyl LP, released in 1980 on Capitol Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320 kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: Jay Ferguson & Michael Verdick
Assistant Engineers: D.C. Snyder, Terry Nelson, James Geddes, Gary Lubow
Recorded At: Sound City, Van Nuys, California; Santa Barbara Sound, Santa Barbara, California
Mixed At: Location Recording Service, Burbank, California
Cover Art: Mitchell Funk
TRACK LISTING:
Love At The Red Line
Modern Girl
This Is Your Life (Take A Little, Take A Lot)
The Last Laugh
Missing Persons
You Should Know Better Than That
Local Color
Hard Enough Being A Man
My Baby's Eyes
The Juggler
THE PLAYERS:
Jay Ferguson - Keyboards, Lead Vocals
Bob Webb - Guitar, Vocals
Robbie Alpert - Keyboards
David White - Bass, Vocals
Curly Smith - Drums
Guests:
Joe Walsh - Guitar
Tony Battaglia - Guitar
Harry Stinson - Vocals
Jim Horn - Recorder, Sax
Terry Nelson - Percussion
WEBSITE(S):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Ferguson_(American_Musician)
REVIEWS:
By Yours Truly
I was a big SPIRIT fan back in the day, remember listening to Mechanical World and Fresh Garbage on a late night underground radio show and picking up their first album not long after that but this isn't Spirit, this is just the voice of Spirit, Jay Ferguson, years later, trying to keep a solo career going.
This LP is another one of those that got lost in the deluge of crap at the beginning of the 80's and while it's not an earth shakingly great album it has enough good music on it to warrant giving it a listen. Others will argue that his earlier solo albums or his Jo Jo Gunne stuff is better than this one but to each his own I guess. I'd say his vocal work in Spirit was his best stuff. There's nothing that jumps right out at me on this disc, but the quality of the tunes is fairly consistent and the production is well done. Jay put out one more solo album in '82 before tossing in the towel on performing and went into writing music for TV. Hey, a guy's gotta make a living and times change. I sometimes wonder if I'd had the courage to pursue the musical career I dreamed of and worked towards where I'd be now and what I'd be doing. Like to think I'd still be out there putting it down, but unless the big guy decides to grant me overs I guess we'll never know........
Rock and Roll kids.
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

6 Comments:

Blogger crock60 said...

Hi, Mr Music Guru
Would like to knowmore about Jay Ferguson Terms and Conditions
my name is ian and reside in the UK.
iancrcktt@yahoo.co.uk

Best Wishes
ian

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 11:15:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. great.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 2:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger RedA said...

Hi, Mr Music Guru
Would like to know more about Jay Ferguson Terms and Conditions
my name is Red and reside in the US.
redawenur@gmail.com

Thanks
Red

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 7:10:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Mr Music Guru
Would like to know more about Jay Ferguson Terms and Conditions
my name is Jim and I live in Ian Thomas' hometown in Canada.

dakota31@live.ca

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 5:53:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Music guru,

I'd really like more info on this Jay Ferguson album please ?
My email is dazinparis@yahoo.co.uk

I live in Paris.

Merci

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 11:51:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, TC
My Name is: marcus battery
I live in berlin
I'd like more info on jay ferguson - terms

thansk and great blog

M

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 8:00:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home