Tuesday, October 14, 2008

B.T.O. / STREET ACTION

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1978 on Mercury Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320Kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: B.T.O.
Engineered By: Rolf Hennemann, Jeff Tolman
Recorded At: Can Base Studios, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Cover Art: James Omara
TRACK LISTING:
I'm In Love
Down The Road
Takes A Lot of People
A Long Time For A Little While
Street Action
For Love
Madison Avenue
You're Gonna Miss Me
The World Is Waiting For A Love Song
THE BAND:
C.F. Turner - Guitar, Vocals
Rob Bachmn - Drums, Percussion
Blair Thornton - Guitar
Jim Clench - Bass, Vocals
Guests:
John Hall - Keyboards on I'm In Love
Tom Keenlyside - Sax on Madison Avenue
WEBSITE(S):
http://www.btorocks.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachman-Turner_Overdrive
http://hem.passagen.se/re1/bto.html
REVIEW:
By Yours Truly
Here's an album by a band that most everybody out there has heard of. Just to prove that it Doesn't have to be way out by the left field fence to get on this blog I thought I'd put this one up for a bit of a change of pace. Back in the 70's these boys were a good rock and roll band and like a lot of folks I bought the first 2 releases. After the first two I lost interest though and didn't pay much attention until a friend played this release for me not long after it came out and I found that I really liked it.
It's funny to me that what has become my favorite album of theirs doesn't include the band's namesake, Randy Bachman, who'd wandered off to do a solo album. While I think this is a solid album of basic 70's rock and roll my particular favs are "A long time for a little while, Madison Avenue & The World is Waiting for a love song". It doesn't seem this album has gotten much attention in the music blog world so I thought I'd do my part and share my favorite B.T.O. album. Rock on kids!
Tom

CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tom...I agree with you on this BTO album: it's actually got a nice handful of songs, yet it's been overlooked probably because Randy had already left the group. I think this is every bit as good as "Freeways" (the LP which preceded this one, and the last one WITH Randy). I remember buying both LPs in a cutout bin in the early 1980s for a couple bucks apiece. A steal.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 11:19:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home