Wednesday, October 08, 2008

TRANQUILITY / SILVER

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1972 on Epic Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320Kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: Ashley Kozak, A Zacko Production
Engineered By: Mike Ross
Recorded At: CBS Studios, Whitfield Steet, London, England
Cover Art: Bob Schulenberg
TRACK LISTING:
Eagle Eye
Can I See You
Linda
Whip Wheel
The Driver's Engine
Couldn't Possibly Be
Nice And Easy
Dear Oh Dear
Silver
The Tree
THE BAND:
Terry Shaddick - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar
Tony Lukyn - Keyboards, Vibes, Mellatron, Backing Vocals, Lead Vocals On "Linda"
Berkeley Wright - Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Kevin McCarthy - Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals, Lead Vocal on "The Driver's Engine"
Bernard Hagley - Bass, Flute
Paul Francis - Drums Percussion
WEBSITE(S):
http://www.vanityfare.co.uk/tranq.htm
REVIEW:
By Yours Truly
This is the second album of 2 that this band put out before giving it up and heading off to find their life's work somewhere else. Like so many of the bands that were fighting to make a go of it in the 70's Tranquility had the bad luck of many and were never in the right place at the right time to get their message out. On top of bad luck they had a sound that was not easy to pigeon hole and this no doubt made a tough situation even tougher.
Listening to this album you'll find a mix of eclectic songs all tied together with excellent musicianship and fantastic vocals and harmonies. I'm not sure now what made me pick this one up and bring it home way back then, but I'm certainly glad I did. It's certainly a gem, along with the first album, in my record collection.
Trying to describe their music is difficult. They really have a pretty unique sound which I'm sure would've gotten better with time but if I had to call it something I guess I'd go with Folk Prog....how's that? Give it a listen and then tell me what you think.
Tom

CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

4 Comments:

Blogger bongolong said...

This is one of my all-time favorite albums!! It would be one of my ten "desert island" albums.

I agree that they probably were too unique at a time when music was exploding into all kinds of genres. And it is a shame they never got the exposure they deserved.

I ripped my own copy and posted it on my blog, downloading yours to see if you have a cleaner rip (I played my a lot!!).

Thanks for posting this, more people need to know about TRANQUILITY!!!

Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 9:25:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my friend, sorry, I don't manage to find the link... maybe is a bit naive from me, but I really have no idea... looking for help, hoping that the link is not dead...
Thank you so much, Franz

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 3:42:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry again, I mean: I don't manage to find the link to the album of the same name, "Tranquility", it's the one I miss ... :-) I apologize... Franz

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 3:45:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Bob Schulenberg said...

I painted the album cover; it's nice to see this group appreciated after so many years!

Monday, July 5, 2010 at 6:08:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home