Tuesday, October 07, 2008

ROSS / THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1975 on RSO Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 256Kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: Bruce Botnick by arrangement with The Robert Stigwood Organization
Recorded & Mixed By: Rik Pekkonen
Engineered By: Anton Mathews & Gerry Leach
Recorded At: Hollywood Sound Recorders
Cover Art: Ken Marcus
TRACK LISTING:
Swallow Your Dreams
Gotta Get It Right Back
Madness In Memories
Standing Alone
Discovery
Now I See
So Slow
The Edge
Nearer And Nearer
Free
I've Been Waiting
Oh, I'm Happy Now
THE BAND:
Alan Ross - Lead Vocals, Guitars & Filing Cabinet
Steve Emery - Bass and Vocals
Bob Jackson - Keyboards, Vocals, String Machine
Tony Fernandez - Drums, Percussion
Reuben White - Percussion
String Orchestration By: Jack Nitzsche
WEBSITE(S):
Nothing in an "official" capacity, but another Alan Ross fan sent me a link to his page on Alan.
Thanks Walid!
http://lowando.tripod.com/alanross.html
REVIEW:
By Yours Truly
It's been awhile since I put up the first Ross album and I've been meaning to put this one up for awhile now. So at last here it is in somewhat used condition. I apologise for the snap, crackle and pop that is audible in places but it got played back in the day.
I never really been "big" on concept albums but this one is done so well musically that I let the concept thing slide I spent awhile searching the net for info again but there's next to nothing out there although I did find a yahoo on Ebay with a copy of the first Ross album that he'd be happy to sell to you for the small sum of $250.00!! Just say No kids! I also found the other two Alan Ross Band albums that I don't have in the U.K. but again the prices are more than I can afford to pay these days.
At any rate this is an enjoyable album. If you downloaded and enjoyed the first one I'd be willing to bet that you'd dig this one too and when I break down and buy that new Ion turntable with the noise suppression software I'll redo this one and send snap, crackle and pop packin'.
Tom

CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home