Sunday, October 12, 2008

TRANQUILITY / TRANQUILITY

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1972 on Epic Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320Kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: Ashley Kozak, A Zacko Production
Engineered By: Keith Harwood
Recorded At: Olympic Sound Studios, London, England
Cover Art: Mishi
TRACK LISTING:
Try Again
Ride Upon The Sun
Where You Are (Where I Belong)
Look At The Time, It's Late
Lady Of The Lake
Wak Along The Road
Thank You
Oyster Catcher
Black Current Betty
Happy Is The Man
Saying Good-Bye
THE BAND:
Terry Shaddick - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar
Tony Lukyn - Keyboards, Vibes, Mellatron, Backing Vocals
Berkeley Wright - Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Kevin McCarthy - Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
Bernard Hagley - Bass
Paul Francis - Drums Percussion
Guests:
Jim Leverton - Bass
John Perry - Bass
Eric Dillon - Drums, Percussion
WEBSITE(S):
http://www.vanityfare.co.uk/tranq.htm
REVIEW:
By Yours Truly
And this is the first album of 2 that this band put out. After listening to both these albums a 100 times or more I still can't decide If I have a favorite one. They both have their low points and high points but this one, being their debut effort is pretty impressive on the first play.
As I said previously, listening to this album you'll find a mix of eclectic songs all tied together with excellent musicianship and fantastic vocals and harmonies. It's just beautiful upbeat music that soothes the soul.
Trying to describe their music is difficult. They really have a pretty unique sound which I'm sure would've gotten better with time but if I had to call it something I guess I'd go with Folk Prog....how's that? Give it a listen and then tell me what you think.
Tom

CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home