Sunday, December 02, 2007

THE BOOMERS / 1991 to 2003

What We Do / 1991


Art Of Living / 1993


25 Thousand Days / 1996
2003 / Midway


This is a different kind of post this time. Instead of a particular album, I'm showcasing an entire discography of an excellent band. All 4 of these albums are simply full of great tunes and wonderful music. Ian Thomas, who has put out albums since the early 70's, is the quasi-leader of this entourage, writer of most of the songs and singer. The rest of the members of this Canadian band are also excellent musicians and the combined efforts of all 4 make some of the best music I've heard in quite awhile.
In lieu of album downloads this time I've included several videos that they've made over the years 91 thru 03. They will give you a good idea of what to expect from the CD's and if you decide you need to purchase a copy for yourself I suggest going to Ebay or Amazon and improving the quality of your music collection.

TRACK LISTING for Who We Are:

The Matter With Me / Love You Too Much / One Little Word / I'm Alright / Never Going To Let It Go / Wishes / When You're In Love / Rise Above It / Dirty Love.

TRACK LISTING for The Art Of Living:

Art Of Living / You've Got To Know / Things I Didn't Say / The Way You Feel / Good Again / Modern Man / Still In This Thing / When I Get Like This / Lie To Me / What Love Can Do / To Comfort You

TRACK LISTING for 25 Thousand Days:

I Feel A Change Coming / Giving In / Balloons / Saving Face / While I'm Learning You / The Way Of Things / The Truth / Stuck In Between / 25,000 Days / Old Diamond Ring

TRACK LISTING for Midway:

I Want To Believe In Something / Greedy Man / I Don't Feel Particulary Old / Life Goes On / Can I Love You Now / Imaginary Lines /Expectations / I Remember / Objectify Me / Politically Correct.

THE BAND:

Ian Thomas – All Vocals, Electric And Acoustic Guitars, Keyboards & Programming
Peter Cardinali - Bass, Accordion, Electric Piano, Keys
Bill Dillon - Electric and Acoustic Guitars, Vocals
Rick Gratton - Drums

WEBSITE(S)

http://www.ianthomasband.com/



VIDEO #1 - "Love You Too Much" from "What We Do"





VIDEO #2 - "You've Got To Know" from "The Art Of Living"






Video #3 - "I Feel A change Coming" from "25 Thousand Days"



Video #4 - "Saving Face" from "25 Thousand Days"





Video #5 - "I Want To Believe In Something" from "Midway"


....and last but certainly not least, a big thanks to Walknthbass and his Music Blog...

http://my.opera.com/walknthabass/about/

for making me aware that The Boomers contained the talents of Ian Thomas. Thank you sir!

Amazon Boomers Page - http://tinyurl.com/35acg7

2 Comments:

Blogger walknthabass said...

Thank you Tom!

You're posts are amazing! So much information about the artists! And what a great mix of stuff!

Don't get me wrong. Led Zeppelin, Beatles, etc. and all the other great bands are wonderful. But you can find them everywhere. You post all these long lost gems that every one should take a listen to. Give them the recognition they so rightly deserve.

Ian and The Boomers are great! Thanks for sharing 25 Thousand Days and Midway with me! I'll have to find a way to reciprocate!

Sunday, December 9, 2007 at 9:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tom Eckels said...

You've already done your part bud.....I may never have discovered the Boomers without your help. It's little discoveries like that, that make life worth living. Rock On!

Tom

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 7:14:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home