Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Newly Revamped and Rejuvenated Music Review

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've done anything with this blog but it's not like I've quit listening to music, on the contrary since I got the Ipod last christmas I've been busy trying to fill the thing full of music.....and in the process I discovered the world of music blogs. I've been able to save myself tons of time and effort by searching the music blogs of the planet to download stuff that I already own rather than take the time and effort to rip it on my own equipment. I've also discovered quite a bit of new music this way also, including bands like The Bottle Rockets, Cross Canadian Ragweed & The Boomers just to name a few of the ones who've really impressed me with their great music.

While the perception of these blogs by the music industry is that people are stealing music the real fact of the matter is that I've bought more CD's this year than in the last several years for the simple reason I've had the opportunity to hear new stuff via the music blogs that I never would've had the chance to hear otherwise. It's not like the radio plays anything but drivel nowadays so for those of us who love good music and like to hear new stuff the music blog world community is really a godsend.

The plan at the moment for the weeks and months ahead is to make this blog a bit more interactive by putting up some of my old stuff for download that's fairly rare and out of print so that a new generation of music listeners can hear some of the stuff that came before they arrived on the planet and is no longer available via the "normal" channels. I'll be posting full albums of old stuff, but when it comes to new stuff I'll post a song or two from the album that I think is great in the hopes that it'll get the listener to seek out more info.

There's a part of me that always wanted to be a D.J. for the simple reason I like sharing the music that I find exciting and inspiring. So trying my hand at a music blog for awhile sounds like a good way to kill some downtime, at least for the coming cold weather months. We'll see how it goes. Stay tuned for the first post.

TC


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home