Tuesday, August 05, 2008

IAN THOMAS / STILL HERE

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1978 on Atlantic records.
ALBUM INFO:
Produced by Ian Thomas
Recorded at Phase I & Eastern Sound Studios, Toronto.
Engineered by: Alan Thorne & Mick Walsh
Album Jacket Design: Bob Defrin & Sandi Young
Cover Photography: Frank Moscati
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320 Kbps
TRACK LISTING:
Just Like You
Sally
I Really Love You
Clear Sailing
Still Here
Coming Home
Faces
Tinkerbell
Tycoon
THE BAND:
Lead & Background Vocals: Ian Thomas
Acoustic & Rhythm Guitars: Ian Thomas
Bass & Background Vocals: Dave Sawyer
Bass (Just Like You, Faces, Tinkerbell & Tycoon): Steve Hogg
Drums & Background Vocals: Mike Oberle
Lead Guitar: Dave Cooper
Lead Guitar (Just Like You, Clear Sailing, Faces, Tinkerbell & Tycoon): Josh Onderisin
Keyboards & Background Vocals: Hugh Syme
Electric Guitar (I Really Love You): Rick Doyle
String Arrangements: Milan Kymlicka
WEBSITE:
http://www.ianthomasband.com/
REVIEW:
By Yours truly
The music business is such a screwed up mess these days......I know that's stating the obvious but it was brought home again while trying to find an online review of this album that wasn't an insult to my minimal intelligence. How someone with the amount of talent, brains and longevity that Ian has can manage to stay off the radar his entire career is a crime. Maybe he's ok with it, but I think most people who create works of art like some type of acknowledgement of their efforts. So I'm kinda on a one man mission to get him some exposure whether he wants it at this point or not......STILL HERE is a very enjoyable album. It doesn't set new trends in music or rend a slice thru the fabric of the cosmos but it makes my feet move, makes my voice want to sing along and at the end of the disc I feel like it's been time well spent. There are tons of great melodies and harmonies included along with some much better than average lyric writing. All in all it's a complete package from the year 1978. Don't do yourself the disservice of not taking a listen and after a couple times thru the tunes if you don't find yourself singing along then at least you tried..........and your no worse for the experience.
Tom
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian isfrom Hamilton, Ontario Canada. He has produced many fine albums and they do well locally. His biggest hit was 'Painted Ladies' from his first LP...but has many stronger songs. Any album Ian did is worth a listen. Thanks for sharing him...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 11:13:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for sharing. I've been searching for "Just like you" for ages.

Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:09:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the Ian Thomas albums, they are really hard to find.

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 3:20:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I cannot believe someone has this album. I used to listen to this in college. I only played it while doing an all night paper writting session - maybe once per semester.

Even though I still have it on vinyl (along with hundreds of others) I have not played it since!

Brings back memories - thanks! And, oh yeah, I'm still here!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 11:41:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home