Thursday, July 31, 2008

WET WILLIE / WHICH ONE'S WILLIE?

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1979 on Epic records.
ALBUM INFO:
Produced by: Lennie Petze & Wet Willie
Recorded At: The Record Plant, (N.Y. & L. A.) January - February 1979
Engineered By: David Thoener, assisted by Ron Alverez & Jon Mathias
Cover Boy: Richard Korer
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate - 320 Kbps
TRACK LISTING:
Ramona
Stop And Take A Look Around (At What You've Been Doing)
Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You
Weekend
Smoke
The Hard Way
Tired Dreams
This Time
Mr.Streamline
You Don't Know What You Mean To Me
BAND LINEUP:
Jimmy Hall - Vocals, Harmonica and Sax
Jack Hall - Vocal, Bass
Michael Duke - Vocals, Keyboards
Larry Berwald - Guitars
Marshall Smth - Vocals, Guitars
Theophilius K. Lively - Drums, Percussion
WEBSITE:
http://www.ktb.net/~insync/wet_willie.html
REVIEW:
by Bruce Eder
The group's official swan song, Which One's Willie? is a smooth, slick exit, mixing some fine Mike Duke originals with covers of material associated with Wilson Pickett and Eddie Floyd, all presented in an alluring if slightly repetitive manner. There's enough good singing to keep it from being completely ignored at the time, but the dance quotient can't compensate for the relative lack of any real soul numbers.
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Please could you send another link?
These don't walk.
Thank you.

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 4:14:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please repost this file .link doesen't work.your blog is unique.thanks alot.

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 11:24:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tom Eckels said...

sorry guys, sometimes late at night I nod off and forget where I was when I wake up :-)
It should be fine now.

Tom

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 11:05:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooooo long I have looked for a copy of this album... This is absolutely the only copy I have ever found available for download... I new it would surface some day, if I just kept looking and didn't give up... Nice cover art to boot.. I can finally scratch it off the I will be lucky if I ever find list... Now if I can just find The Epic Recordings, my collection will be complete... 10x! Thank You So Much... Made My Day!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 2:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tom Eckels said...

Glad to help BC. I shoot my cover art with a 5 megapixel Sony P&S and then reduce the image to 25% which is usually more than enough for the Ipod or blog pics.....
Do tell though....what exactly are "The Epic Recordings"? Do you mean the Epic label Wet Willie albums? If yes then I believe this one and Manorisms are the only 2 they did for Epic, although I could be wrong....

Tom

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 9:26:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right Tom. They combined them both into one LP titled The Epic Recordings. I have Manorisms, and thanks to you I now have Which One's Willie... I have never heard The Epic Recording LP. I don't know if there is any actual difference in it compared to the originals, although I heard there were some subtle differences? Something to keep and eye out for. Thanks again...

Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 2:22:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home