Sunday, January 25, 2009

DARRELL MANSFIELD BAND / GET READY

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1980 on Polydor Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320 kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: Skip Conte An I.A.M. Production

Recorded, Mixed and Mastered At: International Automated Media, Irvine, California
Engineers: Richard Donaldson, Willie Harlan, Scott Spain
Assistant Engineers: Brook Johnson, Bruce Johnson, Jock Conte
Mix & Mastering: Richard Donaldson
Cover Art: Dan Sneberger

TRACK LISTING:
Get Ready

Mr. Rock 'N Roll
Above The Water
Billy Joe

Heaven Southwestern
Never Be The Same
Power Of Love
Life Saver

THE PLAYERS:
Darrell Mansfield - Vocals, Harmonica

Dennis Carothers - Gujitars, Vocals
Anthony Dean - Guitars
Jimmy Perez - Bass, Vocals
Skip Konte - Keyboards, Synthesizers
Guests:
Paul Angers - Drums
Donny Vosburgh - Drums
Charlie Sousa - Bass
WEBSITE(S):
http://www.darrellmansfield.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Mansfield
REVIEW:
By Yours Truly
This is an album I dug out of the dusty confines of my record collection the other day and rediscovered again. I played it and wondered why in the hell I hadn't tagged it as a top 10% effort from my collection.
This is a great rockin' record pretty much all the way around. The 8 tunes are tight, well performed and like I said.....rockin'.....
I can't really go into a whole lot of detail at this point because I'm still refamliarizing myself with it, but I can't imagine any lover of good bluesy, R&R not at least lilking this one if not loving it.
What surprised me is that I always had considered this band and Darrell himself as a one album effort for the simple reason I'd never seen another album with his name on it, but after a net search the other night I was amazed to find that this effort is the 3rd DMB album and there are many more after it, right up until current times. He has an interesting life story that I spent awhile reading and now I'm on the hunt for more Darrell Mansfield.
Give this one a go and maybe you'll be searching for more from Darrell along with me........
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home