Tuesday, August 05, 2008

THE WHIPSAWS

The Whipsaws are from Anchorage Alaska. If there was ever a place that I'd never have thought a rock and rock (alt Country, whatever) band would hail from, Alaska would be real close to the top of that list, but these guys are and they do!
I stumbled across "Ten Day Bender" on a blog, much like you just did, and downloaded it cuz the review piqued my interest. By the end of the 3rd tune I was a fan of the Whipsaws. Wish I could recall what blog I found it on cuz I'd like to go back and thank the guy who pointed me in the right direction. Hopefully I'll stumbled across it again sometime so I can ease my guilty conscience.
Rather than bore you with my own ramblings I'll give you the link to their website and if you're interested you can go and get all the info there is on 'em from the horses mouth, so to speak......

http://www.thewhipsaws.com/home.html

http://www.myspace.com/thewhipsaws

Also, for this entry, because we're talking new and readily available music, I've put together a Whipsaw Sampler, which is the 1st 3 tunes off their 1st album that got me hooked. If you download the sampler and play those 3 tunes and dig 'em....well, then head on over to their website and plunk down yer change, that's what I did.....They've also got 1 minute long mp3's of all their tunes there too so you can hear even more of their music before you buy. They've been called an Alaskan version of the Drive-By Truckers but I think they stand on their own pretty well. Give 'em a listen and see what ya think!

TEN DAY BENDER

Petersville
Hillbilly Heroin
Ass Grass Revival
Shotgun Wedding
Hole In My Heart
Contraband
Bootlegger's Blues
Wayward John
Sweet Marie
Codeine

60 WATT AVENUE

60 Watt
Jesse Jane
Coming Home
Stick Around
High Tide
Lonesome Joe
The War
Sinferno
Bar Scar
Amsterdam
Mr. Soul
Ode To Shakey
Seven Long Years


CONTACT:

READ THIS for more information on this album.

Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home