Tuesday, June 24, 2008

IAN MATTHEWS / 3 MORE OF MY FAVS FROM IAN

Sorry for the quiet lately. This is a busy time of year for me and I hate to spend time indoors when the summer is so short. I will try to post at least semi-regular during the summer months and once the cold returns things will pick up here again.
Awhile back I posted Ian Matthews album from 1976 "Go For Broke". Since then I've been meaning to upload several others that I've enjoyed immensely over the years.
Ian is nothing if not prolific and he has put out several dozen albums with different bands and musical line-ups over the years, starting in the late '60's. They vary somewhat in listenability, with the older stuff sometimes hard to listen to because of poor production or other technical issues, but that's just me...some folks love the older, more folksy stuff better. At some point I may post a couple of the older ones as I have about a dozen Ian albums that cover a range from 1970 to 1988. For todays share I've posted two albums from the 70's and one from the 80's including my all-time favorite Ian Matthews effort, Hit And Run". I hope you'll give 'em a listen and drop a line or two if you like what you hear.

http://www.iainmatthews.com/

HIT AND RUN

TRACK LISTING:
Hit and run
The frame
One day without you
Times
I will not fade away
Tigers will survive
Just one look
Help to guide me (I need your help)
Shuffle

BAND LINEUP:
Ian Matthews - lead vocal, rhythm guitar
Tris Imboden - drums, congas
Steven Hooks - saxophones, flute
Charlie Harwood - keyboards, background vocal
Jay Lacy - lead and rhythm guitars
Don Whaley - bass guitar, support vocal
Bonnie Murray - background vocals on "help to guide me" and "I will not fade away"
CONTACT:

READ THIS for more information on this album.


STEALIN' HOME

TRACK LISTING:
Gimme An Inch
Don't Hang Up Your Dancing Shoes
King Of The Night
Man In The Station
Let There Be Blues
Carefully Taught
Stealin' Home
Shake It
Yank & Mary (Smile)
Slip Away
Sail My Soul

THE PLAYERS:
Ian Matthews - Vocals, Guitar
Bryan Haworth - Guitars, Mandolin
Phil Palmer - Guitar
Jim Russel - Drums
Rick Kemp - Bass
Pete Wingfield - Keyboards
Mel Collins - Sax
Duffy Power - Harp
Simon Morton - Percussion
CONTACT:

READ THIS for more information on this album.

WALKING A CHANGING LINE

TRACK LISTING:
Dream sequence
Standing still
Except for a tear
Following every finger
Alive alone
Smell of home
On Squirrel Hill
Shadows break
This fabrication
Lovers by rote
Only a motion
Why fight

All compositions by Jules Shear except for Dream sequence - composed and played by Fred Simon

BAND LINEUP:
Iain Matthews - lead and background vocals, guitars
Fred Simon - synthesizer
Van Dyke Parks - synthesizer, piano
Harlan Collins - synthesizer, percussion
Mark Hallman - synthesizer, bass, background vocals
Paul Hertzog - synthesizer, percussion
Patrick O'Hearn - synthesizer, bass
CONTACT:

READ THIS for more information on this album.

Tom

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

many thanks for the Ian Matthews.

g.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 at 5:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home