Sunday, May 11, 2008

JOE VITALE - ROLLER COASTER WEEKEND

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1974 on Atlantic records.
ALBUM INFO:
Produced by Ron Albert, Howard Albert & Joe Vitale
Recorded at Criteria Recording Studios, Miami Florida
Engineered by: Ronnie & Howie
Art work by: Arman Kachaturian
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320 Kbps
TRACK LISTING:
Roller Coaster Weekend
(Do You Feel Like) Movin'
Mad Man
Take A Chance On Love
School Yard
Shoot 'Em Up
Feeling's Gone Away
Two Of Us
Falling
Interlude
Step On You
THE PLAYERS:
Joe Vitale - Drums, Bass, Flute, All Keyboards, All Vocals ARP Synthesizer, Percussion, Vibes, Crow Bar & Tin Snipes, Tympani, Gong & Finger Cymbals
Guitars - Rick Derringer, Joe Walsh, Phil Keaggy
Percussion - Nelson "Flaco" Padron
Hand Claps - Ronnie and Howie
WEBSITE:
http://www.joevitaleondrums.com/
REVIEW:
Thoroughly enjoyable stuff here, August 8, 2005
By T. LeBaron "Todd LeBaron" (NH) (Amazon Customer Review)
I first heard of Joe Vitale like most of you...through Joe Walsh & Barnstorm, so when I heard he had a solo album out, I jumped on it. This is very similar to a lot of Walsh's stuff...good natured, competent and quite simply...if you like the stuff a lot of Walsh albums are made of, here's more of the same. Vitale and Walsh have very similar singing voices too, and I have no problem with any of it. Most of the same players are here and on a few of Jay Ferguson's solo albums as well. Whoever thought Joe Vitale's music was third-rate compared to Walsh's is totally missing the point. It's the same lineup for all practical purposes, and more of the same enjoyable type of stuff Joe and Jay both put out on a regular basis. It's great to hear this stuff on CD finally. Don't save your money...grab this up while it's available again, and while you're at it, get his other one (Plantation Harbor). It may not have taken the charts by storm, but then there's a lot of incredible music that hasn't either. This is too good to pass up if you're a fan of Ferguson or Walsh, and focusing on a single track doesn't do it justice. Buy it and enjoy.
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

Tom

7 Comments:

Blogger Camarillo Brillo said...

Looks like an interesting album from Joe Vitale! Thanks for sharing!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 8:44:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic LP - thx for uploading ;)

You wouldn't have the equally brilliant 'Plantation Harbor' would you?

DSP

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 4:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tom Eckels said...

dsp,

Boy I wish I could find a copy of that, been looking on and off for quite a few years. When I do find one though it'll be here, you can bet on that.....

TC

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 10:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DSP said...

I had it, but in 'The great vinyl cull' of '97 I ended up loosing many LPs like that. I had RollerCoaster & Plantation..; also LPs of The Section, Stackridge, Anthony Phillips, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Solution, Gentle Giant, Sky, oh the list goes on. Of 850+ albums (including all the doubles, triples and 4disc sets), I now only have 5. Sadly, I'd just got married, and needed the money :-(

I love your site, finding some lost gems has been really heart warming :)

ATB
Duncan

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 5:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger DSP said...

[btw duncan=dsp.. I just forgot to use the same ID!]

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 5:38:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Camarillo Brillo said...

that's a bummer duncan...thank god for these blogs!
Come visit for more...

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 8:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tom Eckels said...

Hey Duncan / Dsp

Thanks for the feedback man, appreciate it.
"The great vinyl cull' of '97" made me laugh.....I'm soooo glad getting rid of my vinyl never even occured to me. I certainly hope the trade-off was worth it for you!

BTW...a couple days ago a music loving friend of mine sent me a vinyl rip of plantation Harbor that I'll be putting up this weekend if all goes well.

TC

Friday, September 19, 2008 at 10:05:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home