Sunday, February 10, 2008

MICHAEL DINNER / TOM THUMB THE DREAMER

Digitized from the original vinyl recording released in 1976 on Fantasy records.
Format: mp3
Bit Rate: Is a lowly 128 kbps as it was the first one I did and I was still on the learning curve.
When I get time I'll redo it at 320....stay tuned.
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: Keith Olson for Pogologo Productions
Recorded At: Sound City, Los Angeles, California; Dea Lane Lea, London; Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California
Album Cover: Moshe Bracha
TRACK LISTING:
Tom Thumb The Dreamer / Julye / The Promised Land / Thrown Out Of The Paradise Ballroom / The Swallow / Sitting In Limbo / Apple Annie / Silver Bullets / Pale Fire
All songs written by Michael Dinner (except "Sitting In Limbo" by Jimmy Cliff & Guilly Bright)
THE PLAYERS:
The Dinettes
Michael Dinner - Guitar, Vocals
Waddy Wachtel - Guitar, background vocals
David Foster - Keyboards
Bill Champlain - Organ, Background Vocals
Dee Murry - Bass, Background Vocals
Nigel Olsson - Drums, Background Vocals
Honorary Dinettes
Timothy Schmidt - Background vocals
Laura Allan - Background Vocals, Zither
Allan Estes - Percussion
Lenny Pickett - Tenor Sax
Chuck Findley - Trumpet
Dick Hyde - Trombone
Richie Hayward - Background Vocals
String and Horn arrangements by David Foster
REVIEW:
This is the 2nd of two albums that Michael put out before giving up on music and going into the video arena, developing a very successful career in TV over the last 30 years(ack!). This one has been a personal favorite of mine since the first time I put it on the turntable. It still sounds fresh today. I'm not big fan of comparing artists to one another, but if I had to try and explain what's in these grooves I guess I'd have to say it's kinda country rockish....Eagles, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne.......great song writing and wonderful melodies thruout. If you love music that you can sing along with then I'd be willing to bet you'll enjoy this one. I've included a Ipod sized cover pic. I hope you'll take the time to take a listen.
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Retired Bill said...

A fantastic album. Better than his first. I kept waiting for more and better music. Still listen to this album on a regular basis. I don't know why this guy didn't make it BIG!

Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 1:22:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home