Monday, January 05, 2009

RICHARD TORRANCE / BAREBACK

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1977 on Capitol Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320 kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: John Haeny
Engineered By: John Haeny

Assistant Engineer: Paul Black
Recorded & Mixed At: Sunset Sound
Cover Art: Johanna Van Zantwyk
TRACK LISTING:
Moonlight Trippin

Stay Young
Lovin' Good
Tender Memory
Circle Of Confusion
Rio De Janeiro Blue
So Sad
Leave My Love Behind
Under Your Spell
Alley Cat Jack
THE PLAYERS:
Richard Torrance - Vocals, Guitars

Guitars - Fred Tackett
Keyboards - Billy Payne
Bass - David Hungate, Wilton Felder
Drums - Jeff Porcaro, Harvey Mason
Percussion - Sam Clayton
Horns - Bob Findley, Ernie Watts, Pete Christlieb, George Bohanon, Buddy Collette
Fljute - Ernie Watts
Background Vocals - Venetta Fields, Maxine Willard Waters, Julia Tillman Waters, Thomas Righter Snow, Richard Torrance
WEBSITE(S):
http://www.richardtorrance.com/
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=186007004
REVIEWS:
By Yours Truly
Like alot of albums I own I don't recall how I came to posess this one, but I'm glad I do. While Richard Torrance is probably not a name that rings any bells nowadays, back in the mid 70's he put out several above albums, this one being my favorite and the reason it's my first submission of the man's work.
If you've looked thru the list of players on this disc you know it's a stellar group, with the likes of Billy Payne from Little Feat as an example. The tunes on this disc range from upbeat, good timey stuff to beautiful ballads. This one also includes what I believe is his biggest "hit" Rio De Janerio Blue. Along with that cut my favs include "Circle of Confusion", a great rocker and "Under Your Spell".
If you're a fan of the singer/songwriter genre of the 70's then I think it's a safe bet that you'll enjoy this one and welcome it as a wonderful addition to your music collection.
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, TC.

Thank you for the both albums !
I was looking for his albums for a long time.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 9:10:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TC, do you have Richard Torrance's "Belle of the Ball" album?

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 9:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tom Eckels said...

Yes I do, but I'm not sure on what shape it's in. I'll be ripping it in the near future and if it don't sound too bad then I'll be posting it to the blog.

Stay Tuned.

Tc

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 10:51:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home