Tuesday, April 21, 2009

THE DOMENIC TROIANO BAND / THE JOKE'S ON ME

Digitized from the original vinyl, released in 1978 on Capitol Records.
Format: Mp3
Bit Rate: 320 kbps
ALBUM INFO:
Produced By: Terry Brown
Engineer: Mike Jones
Assistant Engineer: Ed Stone
Recorded At: Sounds Interchange, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, January-February 1978
Cover Art: Yosh Inouye
TRACK LISTING:
The Joke's On Me
Maybe The Next Time
Spud
Here Before My Time
Eleanora Fagan
Road To Hell
War Zone
Look Up
THE PLAYERS:
Dave Tyson - Keyboards, Vocals
Jacek Sobotta - Keyboards
Keith Jones - Bass, Vocals
Paul DeLong - Drums
Domenic Troiano - Guitars, Vocals
WEBSITE(S):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domenic_Troiano
Domenic isn't a talent that I followed closely thru the years, but that's not to say he isn't worthy of being followed. I first heard of him when he joined the James Gang after Joe Walsh left. At the time no one could fill Joe's shoes so I was suitably unimpressed but later on in the 70's when he put out the bulk of his solo work I changed my opinion considerably and this album had a lot of miles put on it during the late 70's early 80's.
There is a lot of stuff to like on this disc besides the excellent guitar work. All the musicians are top notch at their craft which makes the album enjoyable on a number of different levels. For me the overall feel of the album is Jazzy rock. The first side of the album consisted of normal length tunes. Side two consisted of 3 cuts, all longer and more improvisational and all somewhat tied together.
As seems to happen alot these days, when I did a web search for this entry to see what I could find out about Domenic the first thing I learned is that he passed on a couple years ago. It was good to find out though that he managed to keep his music career going until the end and that's something that means a lot to me these days.....
Give this one a listen and see what ya think. What can it hurt?
CONTACT:
READ THIS for more information on this album.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jun said...

Thank you for sharing !

I didn't think his album to be found !!

And, I'm looking for his 1st album (1972) too.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 12:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey !! couldnt sign in on blog page ,sorry i had to do it here !!
Hey, Mr. Music Guru (or something else equally cute) I'd really like to know more about [Jokes on Me] by [Dominc Troiano]. My Name is [Bob Blore] . I live in [Vancouver ,Canada ]
thanks !!

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 8:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Angelo Ourivesrock said...

Hey, Mr. Music Guru I'd really like to know more about [Jokes on Me] by [Dominc Troiano]. My Name is angelo . I live in [São paulo ,brazil ]
thanks !!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 10:16:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mr. Music Guru I'd really like to know more about [Jokes on Me] by [Dominc Troiano]. My Name is Slava . I live in [Kosta ,Russia ]
thanks !! e-mail:sonor@onego.ru

Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 5:57:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home